Backend Tech Lead, Analytics
Robin was started in 2014 as a spinoff of a digital agency. In touring clients’ offices, we saw an opportunity to tackle workplace hurdles everyone encountered: meetings were constantly rescheduled due to overbooking and stolen rooms; people lacked the right office space for tasks at hand - something had to give. Five years later, we're tackling the workplace experience one square foot at a time.
Based in Boston, we're 70 crewmates going on 140. We have remote colleagues from California to Lithuania. Robin's team includes foodies, sculptors, writers, artists, athletes, sneakerheads, hikers, skiers, skaters, runners, and more. We're all united behind the idea of making thousands of offices around the world (like HubSpot, Shopify, and Kayak) more enjoyable places to walk into each day.
As a Tech Lead, you’ll work with other talented front and backend engineers to create, scale, and deliver new features and services across web, android and ios applications.A great candidate will have a strong understanding of best practices for service-oriented architectures and big data systems. You should have experience working with a variety of languages, like Go, Java, Scala, and PHP. You should have experience mentoring teams and helping them iteratively plan, execute and improve.
We’re currently expanding our product offerings, teams, and backend architecture. Help lead the team building out our new insights product and set the stage for machine learning driven functionality to be added into our products through out 2019.
Your background includes:
- 6+ years as an engineer at SaaS companies
- 2+ years leading a team
- Experience working at a dynamic agile start-up.
- Proven ability to coach, teach and foster team productivity & success.
- Expert knowledge in one or more backend languages including: Java, Go, PHP and JS (Node).
- Experience with data warehousing including tools like Snowflake, Elastic Search and Kafka
- Experience building and deploying analytics systems and services.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies like Angular and React.
You’ll be successful if you’re the type of engineer who:
- Focuses on delivery and results, not just building.
- Has a healthy amount of pragmatism, can evaluate tradeoffs, and can identify when introducing technical debt may have long-term compounding consequences.
- Understands that as a start-up, shipping great new features for our customers is critical to our success, and infrastructure work needs to be considerate of our product goals.
- We regularly contribute to open source community and encourage everyone on our team to do the same.
- We are a group of hard-working, self-managed developers.
- We’re dedicated to learning, and we invest time in teaching and mentoring each other.
- We encourage frequent feedback from every person on the team.
- We’re always looking to improve our code—we embrace the “do it right” mentality.
- We work with multiple technologies and languages, and are willing to pick up something new to get the job done.
We’re creating the smart office of the future. We’d love to have you be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.