As a Backend Engineer, you’ll spend the majority of your time improving Robin’s API and web services, creating new products and features, and helping architect a scalable services-oriented architecture.
Our engineering team isn't married to specific technologies or languages. Choosing the right tool for the job (even if we have to learn it first) is a strong part of our team culture.
A great candidate will have knowledge of Java, PHP, Go, Node, or other common server-side languages. Knowledge of dev-ops, service-oriented architecture, queues (e.g. Kafka, AWS SQS) and databases are also a great foundation. We value a strong understanding of DDD concepts, SOLID principles, and an ability to design and build packages in a modular, scalable way.
We regularly contribute to open source community, and encourage everyone on our team to do the same.
About our engineering team:
- We are a group of hard-working, self-driven developers
- We’re hungry to learn and we invest time in teaching each other
- We encourage frequent feedback from every person on the team
- We’re always looking to improve our code—we embrace the “do it right” mentality
- We work with multiple technologies and languages, and are willing to pick up something new to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.