Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area /
Robust Intelligence's mission is to eliminate AI Risk. As we transition into a world that is adopting AI into automated decision processes, we inherit a great deal of risk. Data drift, misclassified data, prediction biases, and adversarial input easily distort AI outputs and can have detrimental effects. Our flagship product is built to be integrated with existing AI systems and eliminate these risks.
Advancing the state of AI is a collaborative process that requires unusually varied skills and perspectives. To that end, we have built a multidisciplinary team with increasingly diverse backgrounds. Together, we're building the future of secure, trustworthy AI.
About The Role
Robust Intelligence builds products to eliminate AI risk. We develop cutting edge machine learning methods that push the state of the art in the field. As a machine learning engineer, you'll develop machine learning methods and work with software engineers and product managers to build them into our customer-facing product offerings. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to our overall machine learning culture as an early member of the team.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Develop state-of-the art methods for robust machine learning
- Work with software engineers and product managers to build customer-facing software around our core machine learning technology
- Interface with customers in many different fields to better understand their AI systems
- Be a thought leader both internally and externally, helping to promote AI security through whitepapers, blog posts, and more.
What we look for:
- 6+ years of experience
- Industry experience developing end-to-end production grade machine learning systems
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning methods and strong algorithmic thinking
- Familiarity with systems software and MLops
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and understanding of how to tie technical problems to business impact
- Bonuses: proven research experience, publications, open source code related to machine learning
Technologies we use:
- Python and specifically numpy, pandas
- ML frameworks like pytorch, tensorflow, fastai, xgboost, catboost, lightgbm, sklearn etc
- GRPC for integrating with our platform
- Bonus: Golang
Robust intelligence (RI) is a people-first company. We offer an array of perks and benefits that ensures our employees’ health and well-being. With RI’s in-office company culture, we offer our employees free daily lunches and dinners (if you are working late), free snacks and beverages, commuter benefits, and an office gym.
Our leaders recognize that all of our employees are humans first. Employees at the company are parents, pet owners, siblings, and a long list more. Hence, RI ensures that employees have the benefits and resources needed to spend time with their families and live a fulfilling life outside of work. Benefits include a flexible time off policy, paid parental/family leave, child care allowance, 401(k) retirement plan, and market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents. We also have an education reimbursement program for individual learning.
The compensation for this position ranges between $160,000 - $220,000 [For a senior role]
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to make a significant contribution to shaping the future of AI. This opportunity is a collaborative effort between impossibly talented individuals who share a passion for this mission. Our biggest asset is inclusion as we believe that building a diverse community is the key to succeeding on our mission. In addition to the goal and environment we offer:
- Competitive salary, and company ownership through equity
- Market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy and Paid Parental/Family Leave
- Education reimbursement program for Individual Learning
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Immigration sponsorship - H1B and Green Card
- Company lunches, dinners, and kitchens stocked with snacks and drinks
- On-site gym and wellness program