Software Engineer - Machine Learning
San Francisco Bay Area /
Robust Intelligence's mission is to eliminate AI Risk. As we transition into a world that is adopting AI into automated decision processes, we inherit a great deal of risk. Data drift, misclassified data, prediction biases, and adversarial input easily distort AI outputs and can have detrimental effects. Our flagship product is built to be integrated with existing AI systems and eliminate these risks.
Advancing the state of AI is a collaborative process that requires unusually varied skills and perspectives. To that end, we have built a multidisciplinary team with increasingly diverse backgrounds. Together, we're building the future of secure, trustworthy AI.
About the Role
Robust Intelligence builds products to ensure the safe deployment of AI systems. To do so, we must provide world-class AI techniques in understanding and improving the robustness of data pipelines and ML models, while ensuring that our software is extremely reliable, efficient, and easy to use. In order to provide the best software possible, we must have an understanding of how our systems and tradeoffs are intertwined between ML and systems engineering. As a software engineer focusing on machine learning, you will operate at this critical intersection of both ML development and backend design.
A candidate in this hybrid role must necessarily excel in communication and collaboration between ML and backend teams. As an early software engineer at Robust Intelligence, you'll have the power to influence our engineering culture and learn a lot about other parts of the company beyond your role, including robust machine learning and product development.
As a Software Engineer (Machine Learning) you will
- Design and develop state-of-the-art ML techniques in order to establish our product at the forefront of ML testing/monitoring/security.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, backend engineers, frontend engineers and product managers to develop our core products and expand existing software to meet the changing needs of our users.
- Interface with customers in many different fields to better understand their AI security and system needs.
What we look for:
- Industry experience in data analysis and developing statistical/ML models
- Industry experience in end-to-end productionization of ML models
- Well-rounded software engineers who have at least 1-2 years industry experience building and deploying real-world software systems. Industry experience with machine learning systems and/or MLOps tools is a plus. Experience with the languages and tools we use is also a plus: Go, Python, Kubernetes, gRPC, MongoDB, GCP, AWS.
- Individuals who are eager to learn and take on new challenges.
- Individuals with great oral and written communication skills.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to make a significant contribution to shaping the future of AI. This opportunity is a collaborative effort between impossibly talented individuals who share a passion for this mission. Our biggest asset is inclusion as we believe that building a diverse community is the key to succeeding on our mission. In addition to the goal and environment we offer:
- Competitive salary, and company ownership through equity
- Market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy and Paid Parental/Family Leave
- Education reimbursement program for Individual Learning
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Company lunches, dinners, and kitchens stocked with snacks and drinks
- On-site gym and wellness program