AI Security Researcher
San Francisco Bay Area
Robust Intelligence is the leader in AI Security. As the AI Security Researcher, you tenaciously tackle the core elements underlying novel AI security risks today. You’ve developed domain knowledge in AI and/or security to research, innovate, lead and influence our product direction. You are at home working with a cross-functional team of researchers, engineers, and security experts to design, develop and deploy innovative AI solutions.
As an AI Security Researcher you will:
- Track and categorize emerging threats and vulnerabilities to AI systems.
- Scope applied research projects that culminate in influencing our enterprise products.
- Along the way, publish research, white-papers, and blogs to share novel techniques for AI security and policy.
- Engage with the AI security community to create standardized taxonomies, datasets, and tools
- Participate in red-teaming assessments to help uncover threats, gather context, and collect data used to solidify our products.
- Work with AI Security and ML engineers to translate research ideas into product features. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to our overall machine-learning culture as an early team member.
What we look for:
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering with a focus on AI/Security, or a related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field.
- Deep domain knowledge about AI technologies and/or information security.
- A strong background in AI, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Strong programming skills in generic programming languages such as Python or Golang.
- Experience in applying AI technology to security domain is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Technologies we use:
- Python and specifically numpy, pandas
- ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, fastai, xgboost, catboost, lightgbm, sklearn etc
- GRPC for integrating with our platform
- Bonus: Golang
$160,000 - $220,000 a year
Robust Intelligence (RI) is a people-first company. We offer an array of perks and benefits that ensure our employees’ health and well-being. With RI’s in-office company culture, we offer our employees free daily lunches and dinners (if you are working late), free snacks and beverages, commuter benefits, and an office gym.
Our leaders recognize that all of our employees are humans first. Employees at the company are parents, pet owners, siblings, and more. Hence, RI ensures that employees have the benefits and resources needed to spend time with their families and live a fulfilling life outside of work. Benefits include a flexible time off policy, paid parental/family leave, child care allowance, 401(k) retirement plan, and market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents. We also have an education reimbursement program for individual learning.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to significantly contribute to shaping AI's future. This opportunity is a collaborative effort between impossibly talented individuals who share a passion for this mission. Our biggest asset is inclusion, as building a diverse community is the key to succeeding in our mission. In addition to the goal and environment we offer:
- Competitive salary and company ownership through equity
- Market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy and Paid Parental/Family Leave
- Education reimbursement program for Individual Learning
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Immigration sponsorship - H1B and Green Card
- Company lunches, dinners, and kitchens stocked with snacks and drinks
- On-site gym and wellness program