Machine Learning Engineer - Statistics
San Francisco Bay Area /
Robust Intelligence's mission is to eliminate AI Risk. As we transition into a world that is adopting AI into automated decision processes, we inherit a great deal of risk. Data drift, misclassified data, prediction biases, and adversarial input easily distort AI outputs and can have detrimental effects. Our flagship product is built to be integrated with existing AI systems and eliminate these risks.
Advancing the state of AI is a collaborative process that requires unusually varied skills and perspectives. To that end, we have built a multidisciplinary team with increasingly diverse backgrounds. Together, we're building the future of secure, trustworthy AI.
About the Role
RIME is a general platform consisting of both a comprehensive suite of automated AI Stress Tests as well as an AI Firewall used in production. As a machine learning engineer with a statistics focus, you will be responsible for driving the advancement of these core product features using both proven and state-of-the-art statistical techniques in order to tackle complex problems of distribution modeling, model understanding/bias, and robustness quantification. Tackling and iterating on these challenges is crucial in achieving our ultimate vision of truly testing, securing, and robustifying AI.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will
- Design and develop state-of-the-art statistical techniques and analysis in order to provide industry-leading insights into large datasets of different modalities (from tabular to NLP to images) and models (from logistic regression to DNN's).
- Work with software engineers and product managers to build customer-facing software around our core machine learning technology
- Interface with customers in many different fields to better understand their AI security needs.
- Be a thought leader both internally and externally, helping to promote the understanding of statistical modeling and AI security through whitepapers, blog posts, and more.
What we look for:
- Industry experience in data analysis and developing statistical/ML models
- Very strong fundamentals in statistics, probability, and linear algebra.
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning methods and strong algorithmic thinking
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and understanding of how to tie technical problems to business impact
- Bonus: Industry experience in end-to-end productionization of ML models and infrastructure experience.
- Bonuses: research experience, publications, open source code related to machine learning, experience leading a machine learning team
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to make a significant contribution to shaping the future of AI. This opportunity is a collaborative effort between impossibly talented individuals who share a passion for this mission. Our biggest asset is inclusion as we believe that building a diverse community is the key to succeeding on our mission. In addition to the goal and environment we offer:
- Competitive salary, and company ownership through equity
- Market-leading health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy and Paid Parental/Family Leave
- Education reimbursement program for Individual Learning
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Company lunches, dinners, and kitchens stocked with snacks and drinks
- On-site gym and wellness program