Web Developer (Remote)
São Paulo, São Paulo /
Customer Org /
Full-time / Remote
This is a remote position, you can be located anywhere in Brazil.
Rock is a global leader in content marketing, with offices in four countries, so English is our official language. For that reason, you will be tested on English language proficiency, and the results will be available to you by the end of the test.
Web developers are in charge of both front-end and back-end development — everything from plug-ins, integrations, and security updates.
As a company that breathes diversity, for all positions, we encourage candidates of all regions, genders, races, beliefs, and sexual orientations.
- Implement and manage websites using WordPress, or static development on a needed basis.
- Collaborate with members of a creative team.
- Individual output is high quality, has robust error handling, and writes code that is easily built on and maintained by other team members.
- Proactively identifies and addresses security, privacy, and compliance issues.
- Instruments code/infrastructure for monitoring and operations.
- Contributes to technical design and reviews.
- Proactively works to clarify requirements and assumptions, and to identify and mitigate risks and blockers.
- Independently scopes, plans, and completes all but the most complex assigned tasks.
What we are looking for:
- Advanced or fluent English skills;
- Web development experience creating custom WordPress themes and projects.
- Advanced knowledge of core WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress plugin development
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, SQL, and MariaDB
- Advanced knowledge of integrations with 3rd party marketing platforms/CRMs
- Proficiency in API creation and consumption
- Proficiency in developing the front end of custom-designed and highly illustrative experiences
- Writes organized, commented, and optimized code
- Proficiency in SVG manipulation for animation or interactivity
- Keep attention to detail for pixel-perfect design implementations
- Experience using debugging tools such as BrowserStack and Chrome Inspector
- Expertise in responsive and adaptive development for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Knowledge of SEO best practices for WordPress and site structure
What we offer:
- Rock University - free access to our marketing courses
- Ongoing workshops and webinars on marketing topics
- Flexible hours
- Work from home allowance
- Parents benefits
- Volunteer paid time off
- Birthday and work anniversary days off
- Health insurance
- Dental InsuranceBeing part of a dynamic, talented team distributed around the world
- Making an impact in a global, established but scaling startup where you will see results of your work helping to drive us forward
- Being empowered to make decisions to improve customer satisfaction
- Continuous growth opportunities for our customers, talent community, and Rockers
Other benefits may be available according to your location.