Site Reliability Engineer - SRE
São Paulo /
Product & Engineering /
Full-time / Remote
This is a remote position, if you don't live in the defined location that's not an issue.
A Site Reliability Engineer is a professional responsible for any technological duties associated with Cloud computing, including design, planning, management, maintenance and support of cloud structures.
They can be trusted with security, scalability, reliability and main tenability tasks on a cloud environment in order to make sure that products within that environment are working as expected based on pre-documented expectations.
SREs need to be familiar with programming languages including Python, Ruby, Shell Script and/or other scripting languages such as Go, Lua and Java.
Such role also requires a deep understanding of Linux, Containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes and a large experience with Cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Engine or Microsoft Azure.
- Designing and deploying applications on the cloud environments
- Responsible for systems availability and defining SLAs
- Implementing and improving monitoring systems
- Run our infrastructure with Chef, Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Be on a on-call rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining incident response processes
- Identifying and using appropriate cloud services to support applications on the cloud
- Migrating applications of the organization between different cloud providers
- Maintaining the usage of cloud services and implementing cost-saving strategiesIdentifying potential bottlenecks in applications’ performance
- Strategizing a recovery plan to compensate for possible downtime or failure scenarios
- Managing network-related workloads including DNS and firewalls
- Identifying the best practices of cloud architecture to support applications
- Building software to help operations and support teams
- Completed Computer Science, Business Information Systems degree or relevant work experience;
- 5+ years of experience working with a Cloud Provider such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with designing, planning, implementing and maintaining cloud environments
- Strong programming skills - Ruby, Python and/or GoHave experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Work experience with config management systems like Terraform
- Experience identifying and implementing security policies in a cloud environmentYou have experience scaling distributed systems horizontallyv;
- Advanced or fluent English skills;
- Good communication;
- Being accountable and results oriented;
- Be a teamplayer;
- Flexible hours;
- Health insurance;
- Dental insurance;
Other benefits may be available according to your location.
About Rock Content
We are a global leader in content marketing and we exist to enable growth opportunities for our customers, employees and partners! We help brands to drive revenue and build awareness by- Unleashing collaboration through technology- Connecting them to a global network of creative talents- Delivering premium brand and content experiences for their audience If you are looking to learn something new every day with outstanding professionals in the area, if you want to have the opportunity to innovate and use new technologies for marketing, you will find all of that at Rock! We have the most dynamic, collaborative and intelligent environment there is. Also, we're in strong expansion, having tripled our growth in the last 2 years! Diversity is also very important to us and that's why we commit to it. We do not tolerate discrimination by race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or any other type of physical and/or psychosocial characteristic.
Our 5-step hiring process
1. Application review: when taking a look at your resume, we're looking not just for evidence that you can do the job, but also to make sure the opportunity we have is the one you're looking for! We'll always let you know both if you're moving forward or not.
2. Phone screening: this is a first interview and our main goal is to make sure the expectations are correctly set up. We're also very open to answering questions and presenting the detailed truth about working with us.
3. Technical assessment: this is the step to not only evaluate your hard skills but also to present to you a little bit of the work routine.
4. Cultural fit interview: our culture is our main priority. We only hire people that show they can fit with our culture and help us grow. This is a deep and challenging step that will require a lot of thinking. To prepare, check ourCulture Code.
5. Hiring Manager interview: this is the final step! Here you get to meet the one that's going to be your leader, ask anything you want and really understand if you match with the team.
All of our positions are avaliable to people with disabilities!
Are you interested? Do you have the requirements? Apply now!