Belo Horizonte /
Product & Engineering /
Full-time / Remote
This is a remote position, if you don't live in the defined location that's not an issue.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to steer our company to unprecedented heights and oversee Engineering Management.
As an engineering leader you have found your passion in software development, but get even more satisfaction having left hands-on work mostly behind to focus on helping your team do great work and improve their skill set.
To excel in this role, you will need to have strong people skills and solid development knowledge that will contribute to building and managing a high-performing team that outstands delivering results.
- Define and implement the vision and strategy for people management within Backend Engineering that is aligned with the Director Engineering
- Make sure we’re continually raising the engineering bar with experience and passion for software excellence
- Support team members’ skills and careers and inspire them through purpose
- Serve and enable your team members to utilize their full potential by fostering synergies, knowledge transfer and learning within your skill area
- Take actively part in the recruiting process and assess and hire new Backend Engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant solid experience of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle.
- Successful track record in building and scaling engineering teams by attracting and retaining top talent by keeping high levels of satisfaction and motivation of each team member,
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on software engineering,
- Excellent communication skills and are willing to embrace our company culture and values.
- Advanced or fluent English skills.
- Flexible hours;
- Health insurance;
- Dental insurance.
Other benefits may be available according to your location.
About Rock Content
We are a global leader in content marketing and we exist to enable growth opportunities for our customers, employees and partners! We help brands to drive revenue and build awareness by- Unleashing collaboration through technology- Connecting them to a global network of creative talents- Delivering premium brand and content experiences for their audience If you are looking to learn something new every day with outstanding professionals in the area, if you want to have the opportunity to innovate and use new technologies for marketing, you will find all of that at Rock! We have the most dynamic, collaborative and intelligent environment there is. Also, we're in strong expansion, having tripled our growth in the last 2 years! Diversity is also very important to us and that's why we commit to it. We do not tolerate discrimination by race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or any other type of physical and/or psychosocial characteristic.
Our 5-step hiring process
1. Application review: when taking a look at your resume, we're looking not just for evidence that you can do the job, but also to make sure the opportunity we have is the one you're looking for! We'll always let you know both if you're moving forward or not.
2. Phone screening: this is a first interview and our main goal is to make sure the expectations are correctly set up. We're also very open to answering questions and presenting the detailed truth about working with us.
3. Technical assessment: this is the step to not only evaluate your hard skills but also to present to you a little bit of the work routine.
4. Cultural fit interview: our culture is our main priority. We only hire people that show they can fit with our culture and help us grow. This is a deep and challenging step that will require a lot of thinking. To prepare, check ourCulture Code.
5. Hiring Manager interview: this is the final step! Here you get to meet the one that's going to be your leader, ask anything you want and really understand if you match with the team.
All of our positions are avaliable to people with disabilities!
Are you interested? Do you have the requirements? Apply now!