General Interest - Strategist
Product Strategy /
Full time - Remote
What you'll do
- Function as the client’s shepherd/guardian throughout the creative process.
- Research, write and implement best practices across campaign messaging, video scripts, paid social, and web copy
- Present and clearly communicate your work to clients, providing rationale that connects creative to strategy
- Approach projects through an applied brand lens and thoughtfully incorporate client feedback to support creative from concept to execution handoff
- Establish voice and tone, brand positioning, and brand pillars for clients.
- Proofread materials for grammar and brand voice (employing personality, tones, and cultural references when appropriate)
- Collect all information necessary to design a winning strategy for clients.
- This may include: directing discovery sessions with clients, conducting stakeholder interviews, creating in depth competitive analyses, and becoming an armchair expert in the client’s business area.
- Manage workload and deadlines to meet expectations and timely delivery, with the help of internal producers
- Establish trust directly with client stakeholders, such as CMO, marketing teams, web teams, and external advisors
Why you’re right for this role
- 7+ years agency or in-house experience developing brand copy or messaging strategy (bonus points for experience with tech clients)
- Able to translate briefs into both fresh ideas and effective tactics
- Self-starter, effective communicator, and organized creative
- Detail oriented, comfortable working in sprints, and able to pivot without ego
- Multihyphenate wordsmith, strategist, creative thinker, and problem solver