Full-Stack Web Developer
Columbus, OH USA
Our full-stack team takes ideas and turns them into simple, meaningful software.
This position is for full-time employment at our Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
As a full-stack engineer at Rocket Code, you'll be expected to:
- Write at least one server side language at a high level.
- Be able to write modern, standards compliant PHP.
- Understand at least one MVC framework.
- Write performant, functional vanilla JS.
- Understand the fundamentals of REST.
- Review and interpret business requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and business analysts.
- Understand virtualization and have expierence with some flavor of VirtualBox, Vagrant, Docker etc.
- Design, build and maintain databases.
- Know your way around a server; basic web server configuration, cron management, package management (apt or similar) and other housekeeping.
- Understand GIT and adhere to a workflow.
And it'd be awesome if you:
- Were great at Linux and basic shell scripting.
- Knew a thing or two about Laravel 4 and 5.
- Really knew your way around MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knew a little about cloud computing, Amazon a bonus.
- Had a working knowledge of JQuery and at least one additional JS framework/library
- Knew a little bit about task runners and contribute to Front End workflows (Gulp, NPM, Grunt, Docker, VMs, etc.)
- Had some expierence with deployment and CI tools.
As a human, Rocket Code expects you to:
- have a desire to contribute meaningfully to our business and to our clients' businesses
- overcome challenges and constraints in pursuit of solutions
- focus on outcomes over activity
- hold yourself and others accountable for results
- be a student of the internet, and be forward-leaning on new technologies and practices
- challenge yourself and others, but always with an open mind
- understand that the way we do things is only the best way we've discovered yet
As a professional in this role, you'll be overwhelmingly successful at Rocket Code if you:
- work well both independently and in cooperation with others
- have a sense of ownership for your work and for the product
- are intellectually curious and you're passionate about your craft
- strive to get better every day, and to make others around you better
- challenge convention
Rocket Code is proud to build solutions that fuel revenue and profit growth for ambitious brands. All our work obsesses about performance-driven interfaces, rock-solid engineering, and complete experiences that transform casual shoppers into loyal customers. If you have a passion for pushing what is possible on the web, come join us.