Full Stack Developer
Engineering Team /
Full Time Employment
This is a remote opportunity
Web Application Development isn’t Rocket Science, except when it is.
Rocket Communications is currently reviewing resumes for Full Stack Developers to work on a variety of mission-critical, next-generation products tasked with monitoring and protecting space-based assets that keep our modern world running. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will build frontend and backend components, provide recommendations on architecture and solution design, and optimize solution performance and reliability. You’ll collaborate with a fun and close-knit team to implement, test, and continuously deliver new features and products to our customers and partners.
· Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle
· Develop complex, intelligent, and secure web applications with modern web technologies, both client-side and server-side for implementation in mission-critical environments
· Build backend APIs and frontend UIs that are simple and powerful
· Understand product requirements, solutions, and estimate the scope of work require for our large customers in the commercial and space industries
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code
· Collaborate with other developers and one of the best UX teams in the industry
· Identify project risks, raise concerns with stakeholders, and provide alternatives to handling risks by working with development and UX design team members
· Master new/emerging technologies, stay up-to-date with relevant technologies, and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices
· You have a unique combination of skills that allow you to build complex web applications from the ground up that are as elegant as they are powerful
· You are able to hit the ground running collaborating and contributing with a fully remote team and a remote client.
· You’re passionate about technology, and believe anything is possible through coding
· You are self-directed and capable of identifying next tasks without explicit direction
· You have a fearless and positive attitude towards work and life
· You love learning and solving problems, and approach challenges with a positive attitude
· You thrive working within a team of professionals
· You recognize the value of code readability and the importance of developing to established guidelines so that your work looks as professional as it performs
· Due to the requirements of our clients, you must be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
Top 5 Reasons to Work at Rocket
You Want to Win. This is an opportunity to be part of a bold UX company that is making a big difference in user interface design. We want to continue our adoption rate in the commercial and space verticals. Each project is challenging work with an overall team goal for success.
You Want to Learn. From our executive leadership on down, we're constantly improving our craft and getting better at what we do. We want our staff to become ten times more effective within 4 years from the day they joined the Rocket team.
You Care. Increasing productivity by making complicated apps easy to use is in your blood. You are good at what you do and want to make a difference using your skills and knowledge about UX design. Our mission speaks to you, and you're yearning for a workplace filled with people who put impact first.
We Care. Rocket takes care of its staff. Not just with good pay and benefits, but with the understanding that you are a whole person whose life experiences and family responsibilities are a part of what makes you great at what you do. A remote, flexible, outcome-focused workforce is part of our DNA.
You Want a Team. Not just a group of people who work together. You want a team where co-workers support each other. We're high-impact and low-ego. As a Rocket team member, you'll work hard, learn every day, laugh and connect with your team as we grow together. And be respected for the whole, real person you are.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years experience developing complex, intelligent, and secure web applications with modern web technologies, both client-side and server-side
- Fluent in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Ruby, Python, PHP, C++
- Experience with modern frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience building authenticated RESTful APIs
- Experience with database development and data-persistence (PostgreSQL, SQLite, and MongoDB)
- Experience building and working with Web Components (LitElement) and module bundlers (Webpack)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and design patterns
- Experience using development tools (VS Code, Jira, and Git)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver product features to customer in a production environment
- Willingness to participate in an iterative software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to accurately estimate project scope and tasks
- Self-starter capable of taking on tasks without explicit direction
- If you are willing to obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- You love dogs
- If you have an active TS Clearance
Double bonus points
Rocket is a UX design consultancy, not an advertising agency or web design studio. Our ideal candidates will provide samples of their work. If you think your work samples will demonstrate that you have what it takes to join our team of professionals, please apply.
Please be aware that many of our clients and projects require the ability to obtain security clearance, which requires US citizenship. Additionally, further Rocket and government background investigations may be required to participate in certain projects.