Design Team /
Full Time Employment
Rocket Communications is currently seeking a UX Designer to join our team. Whether you call yourself a product designer, interaction designer, UX designer, or something else entirely, if you have the ability to look past the noise and identify core problems, this might be the right fit.
Rocket Communications is an enterprise UX Design company focused on designing mission-critical applications and systems. We are looking for the right balance of creativity and analytical skills to help solve some of our nation's most complex, space application focused, user experience challenges. Your expertise in this field will be critical in helping our team do what we do best - simplifying and creating solutions for complex user experiences in all fields ranging from Space, medical and enterprise systems.
We are a small but fast-growing company, and your work will have a direct impact on the success of our business and team members. Our work can be challenging and complex, but our team is fun, friendly, supportive, and the work is rewarding. Everyone works remotely from home (pre, mid, and post-pandemic) and we’re adept at collaborating with online tools.
Target Start Date: January 2022
- You are able to create complex, interactive experiences for business applications and software interfaces.
- You understand all phases of the design process, including, but not limited to research, interaction design, development, and visual design.
- You understand the design and development processes for web applications, mobile platforms, and desktop platforms.
- You have strong inter-personal, written, and oral communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details.
- You are organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- You have the ability to work with eclectic, multi-disciplinary teams and team members with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- You have strong analytical, problems-solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience working in UX/UI Design
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Competent in at least one aspect of UX Design and proficient experience in a second aspect of UX Design
- Experience adhering to style standards on fonts, colors, images, accessibility, and following visual design guidelines
- Experience in research and technical writing
- Experience creating human centered design
- Due to Rocket's work with local and federal government agencies US Citizenship is required
- Due to Rocket’s work as a contractor and/or subcontractor with local and federal government agencies, COVID Vaccination may be required for your role
- Understanding of government and enterprise work
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Past experience working on a remote team
- Experience working with Jira or another Agile software
- Experience working with Figma
- Live in Colorado, extra bonus points if you live in Colorado Springs
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Dedicated Health Advocate
• Employer Sponsored and Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
• Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off and Floating Holidays
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Paid Professional Development Days
• Commuter Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts
• One-Time Remote Work Stipend for home office set up
• Monthly Remote Work Stipend
• TSA Pre-Check Stipend
Your actual pay for this role will be based on your skills, experience, and location.
Affirmative Action & EEO Statement
Rocket Communications is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Please note this job posting is not designed to contain every activity, duty, or responsibility that is required of this position.