VP of Product Management
San Francisco /
Executive Management – Opportunities /
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
ROCKET LAWYER'S MISSION
"Our laws were created to protect and empower us—as individuals, families and business owners—but many people don't get the help they need because of costly legal fees and complexity.
At Rocket Lawyer, we want to change things by making legal services affordable, simple and available to more people than ever before. I'm proud to say that we've been able to build a service that millions of people rely upon. Every day we spend our time and resources making it easier for people to get the legal help they need, so they can focus on what's really important—taking care of their families and building strong businesses.
We combine free legal documents and free legal information with access to affordable representation by licensed attorneys. With Rocket Lawyer On Call, you can create a Will for your family for free or incorporate a business free from legal fees. Then, because we know there's no replacement for qualified counsel, local attorneys are here to help when you need more guidance."
Charley Moore, CEO.
About the Role
We are looking for a Vice President of Product Management to play a pivotal role in the future growth of our company by owning and developing our global products and their P&L. Reporting into the Chief Product Officer at Rocket Lawyer, this is a new role that will head up our global product tribes, currently across North America and Europe, working directly with our VPs of Marketing, Design, and Engineering, and with our C-level Executive team. You will be responsible for our portfolio of products for individual, small business and enterprise customers, in multiple markets, planning and delivering on our product roadmap in order to create a delightful experience for customers and to grow our product revenue. You must have plenty of experience in lean product delivery and optimisation of product metrics to create significant value for our customers and drive rapid revenue growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive product development to fulfil the Rocket Lawyer product strategy within your teams and across the company
- Commercially manage a portfolio of product P&Ls, working with Engineering and Finance to ensure product is delivered on time to meet financial goals
- Shaping and taking new products and features to market and optimising them in market to drive metric improvements and meet KPI targets
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers and the executive team to ensure your teams are aligned with business objectives
- Hire, manage and mentor a growing international team of senior, commercial product owners and individual product managers
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- MA in Business or Finance, or equivalent
- Authorization to work in the United States
Experience & Qualities
- 9+ years of product management experience building mobile and web products for consumers, small businesses and enterprises
- 5+ years experience managing high-growth product P&Ls with demonstrable success in building multi-million dollar product lines
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience building and leading high-performance product teams that collaborate well with design, engineering, marketing, and finance teams
- Experience operating and thriving in a high-growth, metric-driven, results-oriented, and hands-on environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to drive forward process improvements that fit within our culture
- As much a doer as a thinker, who makes timely decisions, with the creativity to deliver incredible customer value and rapid product revenue growth
- Ideally, experience in owning product marketing as a function, including defining and executing go to market strategies
- A belief in our mission to make the law affordable and simple so that everyone has has access to justice