About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
Rocket Lawyer, as a legal technology company, is in a unique position in the UK to provide legal advice directly to our customers as an unregulated entity.
By combining expert legal advice from solicitors with technology, Rocket Lawyer UK is accelerating its mission to provide access to justice to small businesses and consumers who are currently excluded from the market. We're growing quickly, investing in our technology and hiring a team of solicitors to take on this challenge!
About the role
We’re looking to expand the number of consultants we work with to provide legal advice to our small and start-up business and consumer customers.
We’re particularly interested in people with experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Advising start-ups
· Company law
· Commercial law and commercial contracts
· Non contentious divorce law
· Trademark registrations
We expect that:
· You’ll work remotely (we’ll send you referrals which you can deal with in your own time and when it suits you).
· You’ll be experienced in your area of law with at least 3 years’ PQE (we need lawyers of all levels).
· You hold a valid England and Wales solicitor’s practising certificate.
· You'll support our mission of providing simple and affordable legal services.
What we’re not:
· A traditional law firm. Rocket Lawyer is modernising the way legal services are delivered, increasingly automating legal advice and building a large scale platform for a network of lawyers to work with small business and consumers online to provide affordable legal advice.
· We can’t advise on Reserved Legal Activities (https://www.legalservicesboard.org.uk/can_we_help/faqs/Reserved_Legal_Activities.htm)or immigration matters.
Essentially, if you want to work remotely when it suits you, Rocket Lawyer has the work, the back office functionality, and the insurance.
You can also service your existing clients via our insurance and back office.