Senior Product Designer
Utah or Colorado /
Design – Attorney Services /
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the role
Come be a member of our international, multi-disciplinary design team where you will be responsible for crafting the future of our products. Our passionate design team values collaboration, sharing ideas, and championing user-centered experiences across the organization. Product Designers at Rocket Lawyer take projects from the whiteboard to final visual specifications. We believe in innovative hybrid-designers who have strong leadership skills and are fully capable of owning each stage of product design.
Ours is a design-valued organization that takes pride in shipping functional and engaging products. This is an opportunity to develop and define how small businesses and consumers get legal solutions anywhere, anytime. We are looking for a mobile-first designer who has the UX chops to turn complicated processes into simple and effective experiences.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the product manager, tech leads, and business leads in shaping innovative experiences
- Lead cross-functional teams through hands-on product design ideation sessions
- Design storyboards, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups/prototypes of simple, engaging experiences that meet clear project goals and milestones
- Present designs to key stakeholders and product organization
- Deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our front-end developers
- Experience designing for responsive web and native mobile applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design and product decisions to your team members
- Strong aptitude for giving and taking direction
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design and responsive web standards
- Passion for user research and metrics that track product successes
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual and interaction design skills
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Webflow, or whatever tools you prefer to get the job done
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in UI design
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics:
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience developing consumer or commercial web or mobile application interfaces
- Expertise in interaction animation
- Detail oriented, driven and self-motivated