About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Project Manager to help us build the most simple and affordable legal services experience on the planet.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects with different teams in different locations, helping plan and prioritise resources and sprints to deliver new features, product enhancements, and operational improvements. You will work directly with Technical Program Managers and Product Managers, supporting them to deliver various cross-functional programs. You may also be responsible for coordinating projects with strategic partners who offer Rocket Lawyer products and services to their own customers.
To succeed, you must have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management across globally distributed teams, but also have demonstrable experience engaging with designers, content teams, marketing, sales, and other cross-functional teams across the organization. Your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers who need legal help.
A Day in the Life
- Work with the engineering team on roadmap planning, dependency identification and resource planning
- Communicate clearly and effectively to management on plans, status and critical issues
- Know when to escalate urgent issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Proactively identify potential risks and create contingency plans
- Partner with cross-functional teams involved to track critical milestones and dependent work streams
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Business Intelligence, and other teams in support of business objectives
- Coordinate scrum ceremonies and other Agile processes
- Create and maintain project documentation as needed to ensure transparency and accountability
- Help train and evangelize the organization on the use of Agile tools and best practices
- Document current Program Management processes and help standardize process improvements
- 2+ years experience in managing product development projects, with a preference for customer facing, direct-to-consumer eCommerce products
- A solid understanding of SDLC and consistent record of achieving objectives
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Impeccable communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency with Jira and Confluence