About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
Rocket Lawyer, as a legal technology company authorized by the Utah Supreme Court to provide legal services, is in a unique position to provide legal advice directly to our customers as a non-traditional service provider.
By combining expert legal advice from attorneys with technology, Rocket Lawyer is accelerating its mission to provide access to justice to small businesses and consumers who are currently excluded from the market. We're growing quickly, investing in our technology and hiring a team of attorneys to take on this challenge!
About the role
We’re looking to expand the number of attorneys we work with in Utah to provide legal advice under the Rocket Lawyer brand to our individual and our small and midsize business customers. This is a remote, independent contractor role. Our technology platform connects you with customers who bring to us a wide variety of legal issues; we provide quality service to those customers at affordable rates. We handle the customer acquisition tasks and back office functions so you can focus on what you do best -- helping people resolve issues and navigate the complexities of doing business.
We’re particularly interested in attorneys with experience in one or more of the following areas:
· COVID relief for individuals and small businesses
· Advising start-ups on a variety of matters
· Corporate law
· Contracts and commercial law
· Real estate
· Intellectual property
· Estate Planning
- You’ll work remotely (we’ll send customers to you; you work with them on a schedule that works for you and the customer)
- You are experienced in your area of law with at least 3 years’ practical experience in advising individuals and businesses (we’re looking for lawyers of all experience levels)
- You have a client-first mentality and a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction and success
- You are tech-savvy enough to learn and use our tools and processes to help streamline the customer experience
- You have a willingness to learn new areas as the need arises
- You hold an active license and are in good standing with the Utah bar
- You'll support our mission of providing simple and affordable legal services
What we’re not
- A traditional law firm. Rocket Lawyer is modernizing the way legal services are delivered, increasingly automating legal advice and building a large scale platform for a network of lawyers to work with small business and consumers online to provide affordable legal advice.
- We can’t advise customers on issues outside our authorization; currently, this means we do not represent clients in state-law matters outside Utah, military issues, Native American issues, or in criminal matters, other than expungement.
- Essentially, if you want to work remotely when it suits you, and enjoy helping clients without the hassle of finding, engaging, invoicing and collecting from clients, Rocket Lawyer may be for you!