Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Engineering – Platform/E-com /
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We're searching for an experienced, passionate senior full stack software engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile team. As part of a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager, designer, and 4-6 software engineers and QA analysts, the senior full stack software engineer is an active partner in the design, coding, unit testing, and release of new features and enhancements for our growing customer base.
A Day in the Life
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Rocket Lawyer products
- Build responsive, efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Design and build world-class software components, including services, APIs, tooling and documentation
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of the platform
- Attend team scrum, sprint planning and retrospective
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations, and vice versa
- Assist DevOps team with deployment issues
- Communicate with the wider engineering community on development best practices.
- Operate like you are in a small, fast‐paced startup
- 4+ years experience building web applications
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong command of Java and OO design and principles
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services/APIs
- Experience with Java, Spring, Tomcat and SQL
- Experience integrating third party marketing platforms such as Marketo and Salesforce
- Experience developing responsive interfaces for web and mobile
- Knowledgeable in web application security (injection, XSS, CSRF, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile/iterative environment
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, thorough, organized, and a team player
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC