Vice President of Business Development
San Francisco /
Executive Management – Sales /
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About The Role
As an integral member of Rocket Lawyer’s leadership team, the Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for identifying and executing large-scale strategic partnerships. As such, you will both develop and execute a go-to-market plan that is closely aligned with the overall strategic direction of the company. You will need to collaborate closely with members of our product, design, engineering, marketing, and executive team to gain alignment on product development work needed to assist in either the close of a potential partnership or in the implementation phase of a partnership.
A Day in the Life
- This leader will occupy a highly visible leadership position in the corporation and represent the strategic agenda of our senior-most leaders.
- Design, implement and drive a robust and creative sales business plan that meets/exceeds new business targets and customer retention objectives.
- You will study the market landscape, identify and prioritize partnerships, and develop the relationships and go-to-market (GTM) to turn these into major new channels of growth
- Represent Rocket Lawyer at conferences and other external events; present and be known as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Build Rocket Lawyer's brand with large customers, partners, and other important ecosystem entities. Help tailor messaging to drive partnership growth.
- Maintain comprehensive and current knowledge of all sales activities, forecast opportunities, and available pipeline.
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the customer’s base/business.
- Partners closely with Finance to drive the right strategic decisions and investments, including the annual planning process
- Develops long-range business strategy at the enterprise level
- Articulates clear and compelling storylines that drive action
- Identifies and vets new business opportunities
- Identify opportunities to partner with vendors and manufacturers
- Inform current and potential partners about key business developments
- Manage existing partnerships
- Enforce company policies consistently and fairly
- Develop and organizes new business development initiatives
- Oversee department budget
- Collaborate with Marketing department to ensure proper branding
- Evaluate company goals on a quarterly basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field
- 12+ years of experience in direct sales and/or strategic partnership sales
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues; able to generate insight through rigorous analysis
- Strong track record of identifying, running, and closing six and seven-figure transactions
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce and G Suite, or other similar tools
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to develop talent and build a high performing team
- Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player
- Comfortable working with C-Suite executives, both internally and externally
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of APIs and related technologies
- Understands what it means to own a number and consistently operates with a sense of grit to achieve the desired objective
- Thorough understanding of how to put together financial models, including deal economics and payback periods.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC