Associate Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Cranbury, NJ /
Commercial – Value & Access /
Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
The Associate Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (AD HEOR) will proactively help design and actively implement the integrated Rocket HEOR strategies and tactics to support the launch of several exciting new gene therapies. The incumbent is expected to have the knowledge and skills to help design and execute a range of studies, health economics models and other HEOR activities including but not limited to comparative effectiveness studies, observational studies using real world data, patient reported outcomes, and economic/cost-effectiveness modeling for in-line and development compounds as required. This person will also be responsible for leading the development of the Global Value Dossier (GVD) and Global Value Story (GVS); and working with key counterparts to localize and implement the strategy across different geographies.
The AD HEOR will work closely with the Head of HEOR. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be necessary to support effective partnership with other key internal stakeholders from Value and Access, Marketing, Medical and Clinical Development. Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with external stakeholders including vendors and disease area/HEOR experts will also be required, with an EU and US focus. An innovative mindset, high attention to detail, data-driven problem solving attitude and a multi-stakeholder cross functional approach will be key.
- Provide HEOR expertise to the cross-functional team and ensuring that HEOR perspectives are represented in the strategic plans for assigned compound(s)
- Develop global HEOR tactics in alignment with key internal stakeholders that address data gaps at a product, corporate and industry-wide level
- Lead and execute projects with external stakeholders & HEOR experts to ensure that Rocket sponsored HEOR initiatives are medically relevant, scientifically valid & clinically relevant and support the needs of regulators, patients, health care providers, payers and policy makers
- Develop and maintain product Global Value Dossiers (GVD) & Global Value Stories (GVS) that will be utilized by region and country HEOR professionals to support local Health Technology Assessment (HTA) needs
- Lead the maintenance of a global HEOR repository with a library of tools and instruments that support data generation and HTA needs
- Degree in science, pharmacy, medical science with a consideration for certificate in HE advantageous
- Advanced degree (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with consideration for MPH or MSc advantageous.
- 6 years related experience in outcomes research including patient reported outcomes, health economics, or epidemiology
- Previous experience working on an innovative therapy, in rare disease, hematology and/or in cardiovascular therapeutic areas advantageous
- Experience in understanding interface between clinical practice and outcomes research
- Experience in leveraging outcomes data in the appropriate clinical context
- Solid understanding of various global HTA reimbursement and market access requirements and working understanding of industry and regulatory guidelines as they relate to HEOR and Medical Affairs
- Employs conceptual thinking and informational gathering in order to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve complex problems
- In-depth HEOR subject matter expert knowledge along with a broad knowledge of related disciplines (market access, clinical development, market research)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and strong leadership skills
- Ability to synthesize and convey complex data or concepts in an understandable way
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to work in a global environment
- A collaborative style of working and a strong sense of ethics, compliance and integrity
- Persuasive and effective presentation style with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
$178,000 - $212,000
At Rocket, our compensation philosophy and ranges are built upon data and insights collected from validated world-class providers. We are committed to compensating employees equitably based on several factors, including responsibilities and level of the position, depth and types of the employee’s experience, location of the position and availability of similar talent in a competitive market.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.