Associate Director, Genetic Diagnostic Liaison- East Coast
Commercial – Marketing /
Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
The Genetic Diagnostic Liaison (GDL) is a field based Diagnostic Lead, in each US Region, responsible to accelerate patient identification across all company therapeutic areas. The core objective will be to roll out Market Development Strategies and Patient Finding by establishing at the Account and State Levels deep diagnostic expertise in line with the overarching Rocket diagnostic strategy within the assigned region.
The GDL will drive genotyping diagnostic efforts through genetic testing programs and diagnostic education to successfully execute Rocket’s patient finding strategy through genotyping program through kit distribution, sample analysis, clarity of results.
They will be responsible for identifying patients, identifying treating specialist practices that have LAD-I, FA and Danon Disease and identifying and developing Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) for Genetic Testing within the assigned region.
The GDL is responsible for increasing the availability of Genetic Labs performing high quality gene analysis offering appropriate panels and clear interpretation of results throughout the US. They will also be instrumental in identifying opportunities for newborn screening efforts at the local level.
The GDL will work in partnership with a Rocket cross-functional team that will include Strategic Account Managers, Medical Science Liaison, Payors Lead and Marketing.
Department to achieve segment-specific goals and objectives.
The GDL will also be responsible for executing market development programs by collaborating with key stakeholders within commercial operations. They will contribute to ongoing development of the Global Diagnostic Strategy guiding US regional implementation of the plan.
- Develop broad target lists to find physicians with appropriate patients and identify practices that have a patient need for genotyping through Genetic Testing programs
- Develop and foster relationships with hematology, immunology, geneticists and cardiology specialists to identify patients to get genotyped and ensure patients meet criteria for genotyping
- Lead discussion and educate on the importance of genotyping and disease awareness of FANCA and Danon diseases
- Ensure ethical application of practices and processes for genotyping
- Collaborate with Medical Science Liaison team to provide disease awareness on clinical trials to target practices
- Forward questions from HCP practices into MSLs & medical information requests
- Link Patient Services with practices when FANCA or LAMP2+ patients are identified
- Communicate with strategic account managers team for identified patients
- Build and establish genetic lab relationships
- Liaison between Rocket and genetic diagnostic lab
- Improve insights by educating the importance of capturing specific data
- Provide technical expertise/resources to refine and develop specific gene panels
- Facilitate improvement of reporting and interpretation of results
- Provide expertise and guidance on best practices to refine test requisition forms
- Identify and develop Genetic Testing Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Utilize KOL network to share best practices across diagnostic labs/HCPs
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs to support publications, guidelines, investigator-initiated trials
- Participate in patient advocacy, outreach, and identification with local advocacy organizations
- Attend conferences to deliver education on disease and diagnostics (genetic testing)
- GDL will provide input and participate in cross-functional initiatives; Deliver high-quality clinical/diagnostic education presentations in a variety of settings and to obtain valuable feedback and market intelligence to incorporate into future presentations/strategic plans
- BA/BS degree required; healthcare degree strongly preferred (MS, RN, PA, PharmD, PhD)
- Minimum 10+ years of pharma/biotech industry experience in sales, clinical/medical, marketing, and/or diagnostics with a proven history in delivering against goals while working in high performing diverse teams required
- Must possess strong Commercial and Scientific Acumen
- Experience in working effectively with KOLs, labs and other key stakeholders
- Prior experience in Rare or Ultra Rare diseases with strong patient focus
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in highly matrixed organizations where influencing skills are critical to day-to-day success
- Experience in building strong and effective third-party partnerships
- Knowledge of hematology or cardiology is strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Commercial and Scientific Acumen
- Strategic thinking and operational capabilities
- Influencing skills
- Persistence and resilience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Cross-functional capability
- High ethical standards
- Ability to travel extensively
- Valid driver’s license
Salary range - $180,000- $210,000
At Rocket, our compensation philosophy and ranges are built upon data and insights collected from validated world-class providers. We are committed to compensating employees equitably based on several factors, including responsibilities and level of the position, depth and types of the employee’s experience, location of the position and availability of similar talent in a competitive market. The ranges represent base compensation that is subject to change based on additional incentives that may be offered depending on the role and industry best practices.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.