Director, Health Outcomes
Cranbury, NJ /
Commercial – Value & Access /
Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
The Director, Health Outcomes will proactively design and actively implement the integrated Rocket Health Economics & Outcome Research (HEOR) and Rea World Evidence (RWE) strategies and tactics to support the launch of several exciting new gene therapies. The incumbent is expected to have the knowledge and skills to design and execute a range of studies with a focus on observational studies using real world data to inform payer value tools including value dossiers, value stories, economic and budget impact models; and outcomes based agreements. Outcomes of the analyses will be used for payer negotiations. The Director, Health Outcomes will be responsible for leading protocol development including statistical analysis planning; and report development including results communication to the cross functional team, in conjunction with the Head of HEOR and the extended Global Value and Access team. The Director, Health Outcomes will also work with key counterparts to localize and implement the strategy and findings to multiple geographies.
This person will work closely with the Head of HEOR, Associate Director, HEOR and the Global Market Access team; and will collaborate extensively with the Real World Data and Analytics team. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be necessary to support effective partnership with other key internal stakeholders from Value and Access, Marketing, Medical and Clinical Development. Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with external stakeholders including vendors and disease area/HEOR/RWE experts will be required, as will a strong understanding of EU and US real world data sources. An innovative mindset, high attention to detail, a data-driven problem solving attitude and a multi-stakeholder cross functional approach will be key.
- Provide HEOR-related RWE expertise to the cross-functional team and ensuring that HEOR-RWE perspectives are represented in the strategic plans for assigned compound(s)
- Develop global HEOR-related RWE tactics in alignment with key internal stakeholders that address data gaps at a product, corporate and industry-wide level
- Lead and execute projects with external stakeholders & RWE/HEOR experts to ensure that Rocket sponsored HEOR-related RWE initiatives are medically relevant, scientifically valid & clinically relevant and support the needs of regulators, patients, health care providers, payers and policy makers
- Develop RWE related protocols and statistical analysis plans in conjunction with key vendors
- Oversee and contribute to the development of key reports that outline the findings of each study and will be utilized across geographies to support local Health Technology Assessment (HTA) needs
- Work with HEOR experts including Health Economic Modelers to understand the core gaps that need to be addressed by a particular HEOR-related RWE study
- Contribute to the maintenance of a global HEOR repository with a library of tools and instruments that support data generation and HTA needs
- Maintain full compliance with internal and external guidance and regulations, including applicable policies and codes
- Advanced degree (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with consideration for MPH or MSc
- 8 years related experience in HEOR-related RWE research including patient reported outcomes, health economics, or epidemiology utilizing claims and registry data
- Experience with scripting/ coding languages (R, Python, Unix scripting etc.) and SAS advantageous but not compulsory
- Previous experience working on an innovative therapy, in rare disease, in hematology and/or in cardiovascular therapeutic areas advantageous
- Experience in understanding interface between clinical practice and RWE/outcomes research
- Experience in leveraging RWE/Claims data in the appropriate clinical context
- Solid understanding of HTA requirements as they relate to RWE and how RWE is typically used in Health Economic models
- Employs conceptual thinking and informational gathering in order to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve complex problems
- In-depth RWE subject matter expert knowledge including statistics along with a broad knowledge of related disciplines (HEOR, market access, clinical development)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and strong leadership skills
- Ability to synthesize and convey complex data or concepts in an understandable way
- Ability to influence without formal authority * Cultural sensitivity, ability to work in a global environment
- A collaborative style of working and a strong sense of ethics, compliance and integrity
- Persuasive and effective presentation style with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
$210,000 - $252,000
At Rocket, our compensation philosophy and ranges are built upon data and insights collected from validated world-class providers. We are committed to compensating employees equitably based on several factors, including responsibilities and level of the position, depth and types of the employee’s experience, location of the position and availability of similar talent in a competitive market.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.