Legal Contracts Manager
Cranbury, NJ /
General & Administration (G&A) – Legal /
Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
The Legal Administrator role is a dynamic position reporting to the Senior Manager, Legal, supporting the Rocket Legal Function and Business Development team, involving frequent interaction and collaboration with company leadership, external partners, and outside counsel.
Can be located in NY, NY or Cranbury, NJ.
- Contract Administration.
- Maintain and expand functionality of Contracts Management System.
- Serve as main point of contact for inputs and information from Contract Management System.
- Provide regular updates of key contract deadlines / auto-renewals / projected expirations.
- Support maintenance of library of standardized form documents, contract clauses, and templates.
- Drafting and negotiation of basic agreements from Company templates such as confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements.
- General operational assistance for Legal, Compliance and Corporate Secretary functions, and any other tasks as assigned, including administrative support.
- At least 2 years of legal administrator, corporate paralegal, or contracts management experience in an in- house environment, preferably at a life-sciences company.
- Prior significant experience with contract management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/projects.
- A strong sense of professionalism and discretion.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Enthusiastic and open to learning new subject matters.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment at Rocket Pharmaceuticals.