Manager, Business Operations- Tech Ops
Cranbury, NJ /
Business Development – Business Operations /
Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
The Manager, Business Operations – Tech Ops, will support the oversight and alliance management of technical operations (TechOps) partners. The role will drive outsourcing strategies, vendor evaluation, contract negotiation, cost management, analytics, and reporting ensuring effective planning and contracting of external resources for Rocket. In addition, this role oversees the end-to-end integration of the workflow from purchase orders to payments including vendor onboarding; purchase order creation and approvals; invoicing, and payment resolutions.
- Support oversight activities with external partners including but not limited to CMC, raw material manufacturers, logistics, facilities, and engineering providers.
- Build cross-functional partnerships with CMC, Manufacturing, Facilities /Engineering, Legal, Finance, Quality Assurance, and other departments as appropriate to ensure that outsourcing and contracting needs are met and managed proactively.
- Manage vendor governance activities such as tracking and reporting of KPIs, budget, spending trends, and quality measures for assigned vendors.
- Provide analytical support such as spend analysis and budget forecasts to ensure accurate TechOps budgets are developed consistently across the R&D programs.
- Act as an in-house consultant supporting the preparation of business cases for strategic management decision-making.
- Oversee the purchase order cycle from inception to closure. Ensure that new vendor requests are approved timely.
- Partner with Accounts Payable to ensure that invoices are processed quickly and efficiently.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers/business users to understand their contracting and procurement needs and streamline the procure-to-pay process.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Science, Technology, or Engineering.
- MBA degree is a plus
- 8 years of experience with a bachelors or 6 years of experience with a masters in CMC, Manufacturing, or MSAT.
- Experience in Biotech/Pharma and/or CDMO is required. Experience in the cell & gene therapy industry is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage multiple operational issues.
- Demonstrated customer-centric mindset.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment at Rocket Pharmaceuticals.