Senior Specialist, Logistics
Cranbury, NJ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
Rocket Pharma is a company bringing hope and relief to patients with undertreated rare diseases through the development and commercialization of potentially curative first-in-class gene therapies. We are seeking a motivated candidate to support our CMC and Clinical groups who are facilitating the development of Rocket’s exciting and innovative AAV and LVV gene therapy programs. This position will include, but is not limited to working with internal stakeholders, the company’s designated contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) and clinical sites. The Specialist will play a dual role and work within the Supply Chain and Warehouse Operations organizations to support logistics and inventory management activities.
- Work within a team to provide shipment logistics supporting all programs, including clinical
- Scheduling and monitoring of international and domestic shipments containing various types of non-biological & biological material including:
- Clinical Material/Samples
- Critical Reagents
- R&D Materials
- Create or support the creation of necessary documentation to allow for customs clearance
- Monitor shipments and ensuring that issues with transit are proactively identified, resolved quickly and escalated to the team & management
- Management of the shipment request process and database to ensure input is recorded and demonstrates accuracy
- Escalate issues to manager and demonstrating problem resolution independently
- Update and reconcile material tracking systems
- Track and resolve project deliverables and action items identified in CMC related activities, and updating the appropriate stakeholders of progress using appropriate tools
- Develop project timelines with appropriate project team members using project management tools
- Provide monthly summary on KPI’s on shipment, or any project updates
- Draft protocols for and execution of shipping studies, as needed
- Provide input with process improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum BS in Biological Sciences, Supply Chain/Logistics Management, or related field
- 5 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience.
- Working knowledge of the following is highly desirable but not required:
- GMP, GLP and GCP
- International shipping requirements (such as IATA packaging instructions)
- Initiating and processing deviations and investigations, and completing CAPA
- Cold chain shipping equipment and methodologies (preferred)
- Working within a Cell and Gene Therapy Supply Chain Department (preferred)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify gaps and deliver results in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint
- Travel Requirements: 5%
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment at Rocket Pharmaceuticals.