San Jose, CA /
2023-2024 School Leader – Office Manager /
At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential. We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Position Summary Rocketship is hiring for the position of Office Manager (OM) for a Rocketship school. The Office Manager is the first point of contact for parents and students when they come to school, as well as a resource to the school community. The Office Manager should always exhibit professionalism, treat people with respect, and be firm but compassionate in how they address the day-to-day challenges of a rigorous and purposeful school.
- Enrollment, Student Information, and Attendance
- Build strong working relationships with parents and families
- Create and maintain complete and current student cumulative files
- Enter student information into our student information system and keep this information up-to-date throughout the school year as enrollment or information changes
- Manage the Attendance process including contacting absent parents on a daily basis
- Coordinate the school’s truancy process and communicate with parents as needed
- Administer Independent Study process for students with planned absences
- Collect doctor’s notes and excused absence notes from parents for absentee documentation
- Work with current parents to solve problems and prevent student attrition
- Health, Safety and Discipline
- Maintain emergency medical and contact information for all students
- Maintain complete and current immunization records for all students
- Administer basic first aid, distribute medication, maintain injury reportsBe knowledgeable of all content in school safety binder, including emergency procedures
- Report all injuries and other school incidents to Human Resources
- Supervise students sent to the office for discipline and health reasons
- Meals, Finance and Facilities
- Collect payments from parents
- Manage collection of free/reduced-lunch application forms from all families during the school year
- Collect lunch, uniform sales money from parents and provide receipts for payments
- Assist in managing and reporting day-to-day facilities problems
- Execute responsibilities related to emergency situations as assigned by the Principal
- ISE/Special Education
- Act as intermediary to communicate written or oral information given by parents to the ISE team
- Ensure that all documents delivered or messages received are immediately given to ISE
- Maintain confidentiality regarding ISE students who receive special education services
- Partner with ISE Specialists on a school site to arrange IEP or ISE meetings
- Perform general clerical duties including answering phones, taking and distributing messages, sorting mail, translate documents from English to Spanish and prepare general correspondence
- Facilitate arrangements for school activities, logistics, teacher development, parent development and other activities
- Provide support to the Principal and teachers as necessaryUse automated telephone system to send out school information as necessary
- Act as an interpreter, when necessary, in whole-school functions and smaller meetings
- Spanish/English bilingual fluency required, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and cultural competence of the local student and parent community
- Highly developed interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Comfort in a start-up environment and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to use a variety of software programs and quickly learn new ones
- Managerial skills preferred
$70,400 - $80,400 a year
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and wellness benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Human Resources.