Sr. Product Manager
Product – Product /
Rockset’s vision is to make the world more data driven. Building powerful data applications today requires a combination of complex interdependent data management systems that often resembles a Rube Goldberg machine of sorts. At Rockset, we imagine a world where developers and data scientists go from complex data sets to fast interactive applications and analysis effortlessly, within minutes. Rockset is built by experts with decades of experience in web-scale data management and distributed systems. Our team comprises engineers who helped create the online data and search infrastructure at Facebook, founded the Hadoop Filesystem project at Yahoo, implemented the Gmail backend and Kubernetes at Google, and built databases at Oracle.
We're a fast-growing company. We value curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Boston, MA and London, UK.
We are looking for product managers to help drive our product roadmap. The role will work closely with executive leadership, engineering teams and our customers.
About the opportunity:
- Own the roadmap for your area, balancing new priorities and existing backlog on the roadmap to benefit current users, enable new use cases, and expand into new markets.
- Define user experiences/scopes and provide necessary advocacy for them to be executed on.
- Work closely with engineering, marketing and sales teams to design and ship new capabilities to delight users - constantly identifying key metrics, collecting and analyzing the data to drive product decisions.
- Work closely with customers and partners, own key account relationships, manage beta programs and run the customer advisory council for Rockset
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- 4+ years in a technical product management role
- Domain expertise with data technologies
- Experience with SaaS or Serverless products
- Understanding of cloud markets, data technologies, competitive landscape and customer segments
- MBA and CS Degree are a plus
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Lunch provided every day
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage at least 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Work from Tahoe week, where for 1 work week the entire company temporarily relocates to Tahoe
- Fun office environment with TGIF happy hours, board game nights, picnics and BBQs
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.