Global VP of Sales
We are looking for a seasoned sales leader to guide the next phase of Roger’s rapid growth. We need a strategic thinker, talented motivator, and someone who excels at both selling and operations to lead a global team in the US and Europe. This role will report directly to the CEO, with full responsibility over sales strategy, sales operations and recruiting/team management. If you get excited about transforming accounting with technology, we want to meet you! We're open to candidates in the Bay Area and New York, or someone who can travel to the Bay Area at least every 2 months.
Roger was founded to make day-to-day financial operations like bill pay, expense management, compliance and bookkeeping as worry-free as possible for business owners, finance teams, accountants and bookkeepers. Roger works as an automated layer on top of a company's accounting software, saving businesses and accountants hours of work every day. We're proud of the product that we've built so far, and our global customer base agree that we're making something complex and tedious simple and maybe even fun.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the financial technology space, and most recently raised $7.5m from QED, Silicon Valley Bank and others. Joining Roger is a unique opportunity to join a team that's still small enough to be nimble but has great financial backing and cares about building an excellent product experience and a great team.
What You’ll Do:
Leadership / Strategy
- Develop and implement the sales strategy to exceed revenue targets, including the demand generation plan and sales process for both our direct and partner channels.
- Cultivate and develop a winning culture through performance expectations, driving the right behavior to develop a pipeline, direction, transparency, and proactive communication
- Liaison with product and technology to help prioritize the product roadmap based on ROI.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define strategies and initiatives to grow revenue, and manage the execution and results.
Sales productivity and effectiveness:
- Establish strategies for improving productivity, both in volume and overall customer lifetime value, through our land and expand sales process.
- Drive sales negotiations, craft sales positioning and presentation approach, assist with proposals and pilots, and help drive the pipeline for high-profile “strategic” accounts. Create, improve upon and audit sales processes and support resources (e.g., tip cards, talk tracks, FAQs) through formal training programs and management coaching.
- Develop and generate reporting to track all key sales metrics for the organization, including forecasting and pipeline management.
- Optimize lead gen practices and manage territory planning
Recruiting & Retention:
- Build and maintain a best-in-class sales team by recruiting, training, motivating and developing the right talent
Design compensation and incentive programs that engage and motivate the sales team while driving continual improvements in productivity
- Oversee the management of daily and weekly activities, pipeline analysis, and forecasting efforts to ensure predictable top-line growth trajectory in line with company goals
- Work closely with finance and operations teams to develop key operating assumptions & growth plans for the business
Who you are:
- 10+ years of sales experience, preferably in scaling a metrics-driven SaaS sales team at a rapidly growing technology company in a highly competitive market. Accounting industry experience preferred.
- 5+ years as in a VP of Sales capacity: managing multi-channel sales teams
- Experience selling or managing a team in an under $10MM ARR stage.
- Experience with selling SaaS tools in a multi-channel (direct and partner) environment
- Ability to build vision, understand and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients
- Significant Salesforce experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, project management, time management
- High levels of analytical horsepower and ability to turn analysis into insight and actions.
- Very organized with attention to detail
We're a global company with offices in Copenhagen and San Francisco. Our values are heavily influenced by our Scandinavian roots (both founders are from Denmark), and count humility, humor and inclusiveness. We strive to create a culture where anyone feels part of the family, and we place a great amount of value in hiring for attitude rather than resumes. We support flexibility in everyone's lives, and working at Roger can be easily combined with babies, toddlers and teenagers. We have two primary office locations but have a remote culture that we put a lot of effort into as we believe great talent can be found anywhere. As a remote worker you can be sure to feel like you are as much part of the team as those who come to an office every day. About every 6 months we all get together in person. Our last trips took us to Greece and Spain. Everyone on the team shares a passion for creating the best possible product and user experience, and that is something we value in future team members as well.
The Roger Story
Roger's founders started the company after exiting their first startup to Cisco Systems. Having experienced all the frustrations with daily financial operations when starting previous ventures, the first gist of an idea for Roger was born in 2016. Since then, international investors from both Europe and the US have supported the growth of the team and the customer base, and the product is now used and loved by thousands of customers worldwide.
Roger is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to maintain and develop our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.