Are you a bookkeeper or a CPA and are you obsessed with workflow automation?
Do you see a future where most of your manual tasks are done with tools like Roger so you can focus on other value-add tasks for clients?
We might have the world's best job for you.
As a part-time (10-20 hours/week) Accountant In Residence at Roger, you will be part of the product team.
- You'll talk to our customers and partners, evaluating new feature requests and figuring out how to implement them in the product.
- You'll help the product team perform their analysis with your experience as an accountant, and help find ways to make Roger the best tool for accountants in the world.
- You'll join onboarding calls and demos from time to time to learn directly from new leads what they expect from Roger, and bring new ideas and improvement suggestions to the product team to process.
- You'll help us come up with new workflow extensions and build out our "Zapier for Accountants" feature to rule the accounting world, as well as creating automation templates specific to industries and client groups.
- You'll play an important part in helping the customer success team create great materials for onboarding and implementation.
If you're looking for a full-time position, we will consider creating a full-time role for you splitting your time between product tasks and sales/onboarding work based on your background, experience and motivation.
Ideally, we're looking for someone based in the greater Bay Area who can come to our office 3-4 days per month. Our SF team counts 6 nice people, the office dog Mr. Hudson, great lunch and decent coffee.
- Bookkeeper or CPA by training
- Obsessed with automation
- 5+ years' experience working in a firm or with your own clients
- Great remote-work skills or able to come to San Francisco ~4 days/mo
- Excited to be part of changing accounting forever
We're a global company with offices in Copenhagen and San Francisco. Our values are heavily influenced by our Scandinavian roots (both founders are from Denmark), and count humility, humor and inclusiveness. We strive to create a culture where anyone feels part of the family, and we place a great amount of value in hiring for attitude rather than resumes. We support flexibility in everyone's lives, and working at Roger can be easily combined with babies, toddlers and teenagers. We have two primary office locations but have a remote culture that we put a lot of effort into as we believe great talent can be found anywhere. As a remote worker you can be sure to feel like you are as much part of the team as those who come to an office every day. About every 6 months we all get together in person. Our last trips took us to Greece and Spain. Everyone on the team shares a passion for creating the best possible product and user experience, and that is something we value in future team members as well.
The Roger Story
Roger's founders started the company after exiting their first startup to Cisco Systems. Having experienced all the frustrations with daily financial operations when starting previous ventures, the first gist of an idea for Roger was born in 2016. Since then, international investors from both Europe and the US have supported the growth of the team and the customer base, and the product is now used and loved by thousands of customers worldwide.
Roger is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to maintain and develop our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.