Senior Software Engineer - Automation (SDET)
Remote - US /
At Rollbar, our mission is to help developers build software quickly and painlessly. We are a ~70-person team based in San Francisco, Barcelona, and Budapest. Over 100,000 developers use our product to innovate faster and decrease time to market while maintaining best-in-class customer experience. Rollbar is used by some of the best engineering teams in the world, including Twilio, Salesforce, Zendesk, and Twitch.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join the Engineering team. As a member of the team, you will develop frameworks, tools, and tests to cover the full depth and breadth of Rollbar's products. This includes Rollbar's web application, APIs and SDKs. Our engineering teams iterates rapidly and deploys often so our automated test suites need to be fast, reliable, and maintainable.
We believe small autonomous and distributed teams are the most effective way to move faster and build dynamic systems. Our architecture and workflows are focused on scalable microservices (container based), short cycle time and highly agile culture.
- Responsible for the design of our test automation frameworks and contribute to building up the automation test suite
- Develop high-quality, end-to-end automation tests that match acceptance criteria and user scenarios
- Drive root cause analysis investigations and postmortems for defects and regressions
- Strong dedication to best practices in QA and software development, including modern CI, optimizing task/build execution times
- Work with different development and Product Management groups to achieve the best quality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 4+ years of work experience
- Architect, design, build and maintain test automation infrastructure for our web application, SDKs and APIs
- Experience integrating and maintaining automation tests with CI/CD pipeline
- Research and contribute ideas for continually improving code quality and automation test performance
- Knowledge of test frameworks: Selenium, Watir, Sahi, Cucumber, and Phantomjs
- Familiarity with code/test coverage tools such as Codacy, Coverity, CodeCov, SonarCloud etc.
- Experience with Performance/Load/Stress testing
Our tech stack:
- React, Webpack
- SQL and NoSQL databases: MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached
- Spark, Tensorflow, Google Cloud AI
- GitHub, CircleCI, Rollbar
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave: 12 weeks
- Generous hardware and software allowance
- Casual work environment
- Inclusive team-oriented culture
- Have fun and make an impact