Technical Product Manager
Product & Design
At Rollbar, we help developers build better software faster - and make their lives easier. We are a small team based in San Francisco with big ambition and a global presence.
Over 100,000 developers use our product to power all kinds of applications that affect people's lives and livelihoods. We build and maintain SDKs for over a dozen popular languages and frameworks, and our community has built dozens more.
Rollbar is looking for a Product Manager to join our team and make an immediate impact on our product and work with our customers and open source communities. You will work closely with a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success as well as current and prospective customers to define, build, and launch new and improved functionality.
- Plan major/minor/patch releases.
- Triage inbound Github issues.
- Coordinate launches with support, customer success, sales, and marketing
- Write & maintain documentation, including references and code samples
- Provide 2nd-level tech support to investigate customer-reported issues and questions
- Assist marketing team in creating SDK and API-related content
- Monitor & report on usage of key features
- Study competitive & adjacent company's products and incorporate best practices into our own
- CS degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years experience as a professional software developer and 1+ PM experience
- Previous experience creating external-facing technical documentation
- Knowledge of SQL to quickly create dashboards from SDK usage data
- Experience leading complex projects under tight deadlines
- Previous experience as a developer or product manager for developer tools or technical product
- Previous product management experience
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role (tech support, sales engineering, solutions, etc.)
Benefits and perks:
- Rapid career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave - 12 weeks
- Generous hardware and software allowance
- Casual work environment
- Inclusive team-oriented culture
- Have fun and have an impact