PHP Developer - Digital Agency
Want to work at a long established digital agency with a focus on quality design and pushing technology forward?
About The Agency
They are a integrated digital and design agency based in Newcastle with a 21 year track record and growing client base. Following on from a number of years of sustained growth, we are looking to expand our team and are looking for new developers with the right skills and the right personality to fit into our team and help us to make the digital products of tomorrow.
Our work is well recognised and at the forefront of technology. At the core of the agency offering is the development of high quality responsive web services and our projects range from simple, yet delightfully executed brochure sites through to enterprise level technology solutions. Our team is made up of a wide range of skills and personalities; designers, developers, project managers, business consultants video editors and photographers, all with a similar attitude of working hard, learning fast and loving the work that we do. Our client base is broad and crosses over into a range of sectors including start-ups, multi-national corporations and universities.
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in crafting digital solutions. As part of the interview process we will expect you to be able to walk us through some examples of your work, highlighting the parts you’re proud of and the rationale behind your the product. These case studies could be in the commercial world, in education or as a side project. These are the sorts of things we’d like to see skill and experience in:
● Unix servers.
● Cloud-based hosting.
● Semantic, scalable and accessible front end development.
● Planning and architecture; both software and hardware.
● Interest in new technology and how that can be worked into existing processes and stacks.
● Digital agencies and common workflows.
● Content management systems.
This is what you’ll get from The Agency
● Code for internationally recognised brands, websites and organisations and have your work seen by millions of visitors every year.
● An open working environment and forum for sharing ideas.
● A fixed amount of time set aside to experiment with new technologies and any other personal development.
● Any hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
● Opportunities for flexible working.
● Work with specialist Digital Designers who understand the limitations and challenges of front end.
● Organised and paid social events.
● Competitive salary and holiday allowance