Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA
Full Time /
Happy vets make for happy pets.
Roo is on a mission to create a world of increased opportunity, professional empowerment, and improved animal care for animal hospitals and veterinarian professionals. By connecting hospitals in need with professionals with a new groundbreaking platform, our goal is to optimize hospital talent staffing and improve quality of life for veterinarians, all while giving pets a chance to have access to safe, high-quality care.
Over the next decade, Roo will unlock millions in economic opportunities, improve quality of life for tens of thousands of veterinarians, and facilitate millions of hours of pet care. We've been growing tremendously since launching in early 2019 and now seeing even more traction as we scale up fast.
What We Do
Roo (www.roo.vet) has created the first B2B labor marketplace in animal healthcare that connects veterinary professionals with hospitals through innovative technology, with opportunities to expand and offer more opportunities for both our demand & supply of users.
Our dynamic platform enables hospitals to fulfill personnel needs in real time, while allowing high-quality veterinary professionals to secure work at the click of a button. Beyond the platform, Roo represents a growing opportunity to help hospitals meet all-things staffing, and a growing community of resilient vet industry professionals who value flexibility and work-life balance, in addition to providing the best possible outcomes for clients and their pets.
Our aim is to combine experienced healthcare expertise with Silicon Valley talent to shake up this industry and change the way veterinarians and hospitals work!
About the Role
We're looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing team and support Roo through an exciting stage of expansion. You will build innovative features using the latest front-end, back-end, and mobile technologies, specifically focused on mission critical offerings within our veterinary marketplace.
This position may operate on a fully remote basis, with occasional travel to San Francisco for cross functional events or meetings required.
• Work closely with our product managers, designers, data analysts, and other engineers to build new features for the Roo platform.
• Participate in design and development of scalable code architecture.
• Write clear maintainable code on the front and back-end while following best practices.
• Build unit tests with jest and end-to-end tests with Cypress.
• Help out with Dev Ops as needed.
• Experience working with a growing team and early stage startup strongly preferred.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Proficient at writing complex and efficient SQL queries
• Experience with Node, Express, React, AWS, and relational databases
• Experience with React Native, Redux, Next.js is a plus
• Degree in Computer Science or relevant field preferred
• Highly self-driven with a passion to solve problems and research solutions
• Extremely agile & flexible, since we are evolving continually
• Demonstrates empathy and collaboration within the team, across teams, and across functions
• Trustworthy with impeccable integrity, authenticity, and high ethical standards
• Great attention to details
• Can do positive attitude
$125,000 - $165,000 a year
We have diverse, passionate & driven team members from a variety of backgrounds. For permanent, full time employees, we offer:
- Accelerated growth & learning potential.
- Stipends for home office setup, continuing education, and monthly wellness.
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs with base medical plan covered at 100% with optional
premium buy up plans.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity and reproductive care leave.
- Gifts on your birthday & anniversary.
- Opportunity for domestic travel, including for regional team building events.
Overall, you would be part of a mission-driven company that will significantly empower the lives of all veterinary professionals and the health of the overall animal industry that seeks massive innovation.
We believe in diversity of experience and background, and understand that your individual experience may not check every box. We still encourage you to apply even if you are not confident in every expectation listed.
Ready to join the Roo-volution?!