Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Rails)
Oakland, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date and have offices across the US in Oakland, California, Dallas,Texas and New York, NY with approximately 400 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Owner Services is a new group inside Roofstock that is focused on delivering a self-service SaaS solution for individual investors. We aim to be the singular place where real estate investors go to transact, manage, and optimize their assets.
As a Sr Full Stack Software Engineer, you enjoy working across the software stack to design, develop and deploy engaging experiences for mobile and web. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump into any project. Our ideal candidate is both a team player and an independent self-starter; is a perfectionist at heart but wants to release fast and iterate. If you thrive in a collaborative, startup environment and have a passion for writing elegant code that runs at web-scale, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our talented Product, Design, and Engineering teams to design, build, and ship user-facing products
- Turn wireframes and mocks into elegantly executed code
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, scalability, and security of existing applications
- Leverage A/B Testing, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, and other best practices
- Perform code reviews across the team and assist new developers to adopt coding standards
What You Bring With You
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Experience shipping web applications with Ruby on Rails and supporting them in production
- Experience consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with modern web technologies development technologies (HTML/CSS/ES6) and one or more SPA Framework.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a startup or other fast paced environment a major plus
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.