Head of Capital Markets ( Institutional Fund Raising)
United States /
Portfolio Investments – Business Development /
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is looking for a senior leader to build and develop its capabilities as an SFR “asset manager” to the world’s largest institutional investors. This individual will be required to lead capital markets and client advisory efforts for Roofstock’s institutional clients, to deliver the breadth and depth of Roofstock’s platform to these large investors. The leader’s primary responsibility will be to growRoofstock as an asset managerbyrefining the investmentstrategy and developing business with sizable, sophisticated domestic and international institutions. These clients span across pension plans, insurance companies, endowments, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, private equity funds, and similar. This leader will also be responsible for managing relationships with capital markets intermediaries such as broker-dealers and investment consultants and developing relationships with RIAs as a major channel for distribution.
What You Will Do:
- Work with other Roofstock leaders to develop investment products that further differentiate Roofstock as asset manager in order to grow assets under management.
- Analyze and segment the institutional investor market to develop effective business development strategies.
- Source and build relationships with the right decision makers at the right levels with the most promising institutional prospects.
- Deeply understand client needs, the SFR asset class, as well as Roofstock’s products, services, and overall capabilities, to craft highly compelling solutions tailored to clients’ investment requirements.
- Create, communicate, and deliver thoughtful investment proposals to highly sophisticated clients.
- Manage diligence and contracting processes to ensure a timely and effective close for new opportunities.
- Manage and maintain client relationships at the most senior level .
- Serve a diverse base of institutional clients, including pension plans, insurance companies, consultants, endowments, foundations, charities, official institutions, and similar.
- Work with and through capital markets intermediaries to develop industry relationships, access new sources of capital, and build the business.
- Build and manage a team of analysts, business developers, and relationship managers to grow and expand Roofstock’s portfolio of institutional accounts.
- Lead debt capital markets initiatives where necessary to assist institutional clients or other areas of Roofstock in obtaining debt financing
- Having a deep understanding of Roofstock’s capabilities and forming investment products that capitalize on these capabilities to grow assets under management through strategic client segmentation, agile mapping of opportunities to investors, and a strong bias for action.
- Knowing more about each client’s organization, situation, needs, and concerns than anyone else in the market.
- Ensuring a superior client experience and protecting the long-term relationship and reputation of the firm
This team will be known for:
What You Will Bring With You:
- Ideally looking for someone who has 15+ years experience in capital markets who has built a function and team in prior roles.
- Significant experience and ability to engage with institutional and high wealth clients cultivating a long-term investing relationship.
- Strong background in capital raising with institutional clients.
- Keen ability to understand clients plan and priorities to provide the best investment vehicles for each client's needs through our product offerings in real estate.
- A deep understanding of the real estate or alternative markets investing strategies.
- Experience work for a tech enabled company and you understand how technology can create efficiency and innovation in the investing process.
- Prior experience in the investment banking space is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in client solutions or similar role is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s is required but an advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
- The expected base salary for this position ranges from $245K to $270K. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related knowledge and skills, experience, education/training, business needs, market demands, and geographical location.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.