Sr. SQL Yardi Developer
Engineering – Engineering /
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date, is based in Oakland, California and Dallas,Texas with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The Senior Yardi Developer position is strategic role that will maintain the current business applications and develop new solutions to support the business community/property management company. The position primarily supports Yardi Voyager (all Yardi Modules and Interfaces), SQL Reporting and Data Warehouse. This role requires comprehensive understanding of business requirements in order to develop efficient, optimized applications as well as ability to support ad hoc user requests.
What You Will Do:
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with products, software and processes
- Create custom database stored procedures, triggers, views and complex queries in SQL
- Conduct data conversions, validations and troubleshoot for property acquisitions
- Investigate data issues, provide root-cause analysis and solutions
- Document processes, standard operating procedures and system requirements for back-end database support.
- Oversee the installation and configuration of new systems to customize them for the organization
- Lead initiatives for integrations and APIs between applications
- Assist in SQL report creation and modification
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Research emerging technologies to decide if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
What You Will Do:
- 5+ years experience w/ Yardi SQL development & support preferred
- 5+ years property management & related business acumen preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of MS SQL and other database languages
- Proficiency with relational databases, database schemas and data hierarchies
- Ability to create stored procedures, triggers, views and complex queries in SQL
- Understanding of systems integrations, APIs, and middleware
- Previous experience in SQL report creation and troubleshooting
- Ability to implement data conversions for large disparate data sets and troubleshoot and resolve any issues which may arise
- Strong critical thinking skills as it relates to identifying root causes of technical issues
- Previous DBA experience a plus
- Experience with big data, emerging & disruptive technologies is a plus
- Previous experience in the property management/real estate industry helpful
- Experience with Yardi Voyager & related products or similar applications is a plus
- Team oriented, helpful, professional, focused and positive
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid change
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
As a remote team we are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.