Barista- Point Pleasant
Point Pleasant, NJ /
Variable Part Time
When childhood friends Holly and Shawn stepped away from their corporate careers and started Rook Coffee in 2010, they wanted to make people feel special. Since the beginning, in a 300-square-foot shack, Rook has focused on offering specialty coffees that inspire genuine, human connections.
Rook Coffee is currently seeking energetic and hard-working individuals to continue to make those connections. If you’re nice, likable, approachable, a team player, proactive, patient, sociable, positive, reliable, and honest, we’d love to hear from you.
Our baristas are the face and personality of each Rook location! As a barista, you have the power to delight our customers with over-the-top customer service and amazing coffee! A barista’s #1 focus is to ensure each customer’s visit is centered around our 3 pillars of excellence: Quality, Simplicity and Experience!
The barista reports to the Store Manager/Store Manager-In-Training.
- Brew amazing coffee and cold brew beverages for our customers while adhering to product recipes and quality standards
- Handle and prepare pastries and other food items
- Maintain a neat and orderly workspace and store environment
- Maintain high standards for food and workplace safety
- Create and maintain a welcoming and fair work environment for customers and coworkers
- Deliver over-the-top customer service and builds strong relationships with our customers by fully executing our GRINDS service model
- Be an operations and efficiency champion - assist and coach baristas-in-training through hands-on training and positive reinforcement
- Serve as point-of-contact (POC) for the store in the absence of the store manager and manager-in-training. POC responsibilities may include: Holding the keys to the building with the purpose of opening or closing the store, cash counting and audits, preparation of daily cash deposit, facilitation of daily tasks, customer conflict resolution
- The desire to work at Rook for a minimum of 6 months
- Weekend availability
- Positive mental attitude and outlook on life
- Friendly and genuine personality is a must!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a Barista or equivalent fast-paced restaurant or retail customer service role for a minimum of three months, with proven and consistent results
- The ability to function as part of a cohesive team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to lift or move a minimum of 45 lbs
- The ability to remain calm and organized during peak, high-intensity business hours
- The ability to stand for an extended period of time
Rook Coffee Roasters provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rook Coffee Roasters complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rook Coffee Roasters expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rook Coffee Roasters’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.