Environment Concept Artist
Austin, TX /
Entertainment – Animation - Contract /
Rooster Teeth is looking for a talented Concept Artist to create environments as needed. This individual will partner closely with and take direction from our Art Director, Lead Concept Artist, and production team. A keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to take direction are imperative, as this individual will have to ensure that all assets created are documented appropriately and can be utilized by downstream departments.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead to make sure the concept designs match to the style of the show
- Create concepts of all requested assets in varying stages (Exploration to Final Detailed Concepts) to support internal and/or external teams
- Adhere to the schedule and deliver assets on time
- Take ownership of concept work for various environments, and/or props and collaborate with other departments such as Modeling, Look Dev, Rigging, Storyboards, Layout and Animation
- Design visually cohesive fictional worlds
- Provide technical and key design element breakdowns to ensure Modeling, Look Dev and Viz Post can achieve what’s been designed accurately.
- Create Mood Paintings with a proper sense of color and light
- Provide visual documentation that supports asset creation in all stages
- Provide and receive feedback in a professional manner
- 2+ years of Industry Experience as a Concept Artist
- Expertise in Photoshop with a core understanding of the inner workings of the design software
- Knowledge of Maya or Blender
- Excellent sense of leadership and high-level of emotional intelligence
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time, in a work from home setting
- Works well within a team
- Resume and portfolioDeep knowledge of Anime is a plus
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.