2D Animator - (Contract)
Entertainment – Animation
Rooster Teeth is seeking 2D animators for a variety of digital animation productions. Initial responsibilities will involve animating in a variety of styles and content types. Additional experience in areas such as storyboarding, asset cleanup, rigging, fx, etc., also welcome. While animation is the primary responsibility, the ability to adapt and demonstrate skillset flexibility over time is a must.
Candidates will likely be requested to remotely perform a timed demonstration of their abilities in the form of a brief animation test.
- Utilize Toon Boom Harmony 15 Premium to produce quality animated content under creative direction
- Receive assigned shots in sequence review with Directors providing general guidance
- Clearly show performance ideas and shot blocking in Director review
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Supervisors
- Follow established protocols to manage file structure, project organization, and version control
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques as well as production tracking software to meet deadlines and milestones
- Communicate effectively and respectfully
- 2+ years animating in a production environment
- In-depth proficiency with the Toon Boom tool set, preferable Harmony
- Strong sense of visual storytelling (emphasis on comedic timing, shot composition, weight, and poses)
- Experience with cut-out/puppet animation styles
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Desire and ability to further improve your skills and technique
- Strong illustration skills and the ability to modify your style to suit the production
- Work well within a small team
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
- Experience as a project supervisor/team lead welcome
- Resume and Demo Reel
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.