Audio Engineer Intern
Shared Services – University Relations
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for an Audio Engineer Intern to join our Rooster Teeth team in Austin, TX for our 10 week Spring Intern Program!
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of mix, sound design, recording, and generally all other things audio related. The candidate would also have a proven track record of completing projects efficiently, be detail-oriented, and possess the ability to think outside-the-box to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. In your time with us, you will learn how the audio pipeline is handled from beginning to end and assist the lead engineers in getting the shows across the finish line. You will use your creativity to solve real problems and apply what you have learned at school directly to your job, while building professional relationships, that could lead to a career and lasting friendships.
- Assist in the recording and editing of dialogue
- Participate in the creation and placement of sound effects for various shows
- Take part in mix sessions and partner with the Re-Recording Mixer to develop further understanding of processes and technology
- Update dialogue trackers to assist in pipeline fluidity
- Must be on-site in the Austin, Texas office throughout internship
- Currently enrolled in college and taking the internship for course credit (You must provide a letter of verification)
- Have a firm knowledge of Pro Tools and Signal Flow
- A basic understanding of plugin usage (EQs, Compressors, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OSX
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 38 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.