3D Animator - (Contract)
Entertainment – Animation - Contract
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking to add a new member to their 3D Animation team! Working on a small and flexible team, this 3D Animator will be skilled in character and fight animation. This position requires a candidate confident in dynamic posing, rhythmic fight animation, mocap recording and cleanup, as well as comedic timing. Candidates should be prepared to remotely perform a timed animation test to demonstrate their abilities. Any portfolios submitted without a demo reel will not be considered.
Please note, this position is remote with an ASAP start. The contract will run through the beginning of September.
- Utilizing Maya to produce animation under direction
- Work with the Director to achieve animation that cohesively fits within the established look of the show
- Follow established protocols in file management structure, project organization, and version control
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques, as well as production tracking software, to meet deadlines and milestones
- Participate in Motion Capture shoots as a performer
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with creative and production staff, as well as coworkers
- 1+ years working in a production environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth proficiency with Autodesk Maya; Experience with Unreal Engine a plus
- Strong sense of visual storytelling (emphasis on character performance, fight choreography, shot composition, and timing)
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Work well within a team, and within the structure of a larger pipeline
- Experience with motion capture a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Shotgun Studio a plus
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.