FX Supervisor - Contract
Austin, TX /
Entertainment – Animation - Contract /
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a FX Supervisor to support the growth of our animation department! The ideal candidate has experience collaboratively guiding artists and leads through the shot production process in tandem with input from director and boards. A strong candidate will have a proven track record of creative leadership, interpersonal skills, and production experience to help the company fulfill its objectives.
- Provide guidance to artists and leads based on storyboards and instructions from director
- Work with art and show director to develop looks that fit project’s stylistic guidelines
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Look ahead to forecast potential technical, production or schedule issues and recommend solutions
- Motivate the FX and Crowds teams and act as a mentor in terms of artistic and technical growth
- Break down episodes based on FX and Crowds needs and communicate those expectations to leads and artists
- Work closely with Viz Post Supervisor on efficient solutions to achieving shots cross-departmentally
- Work with Production and Directors on achieving effective timelines for projects
- Create a roadmap on FX and Crowd department tools and structure
- 5+ years working in a production environment in a Senior or Lead role
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Expert understanding of Houdini
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions
- Lighting/Comp experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Shotgun or other shot management software is a plus
- Remote work allowed!
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.