Product Merchandiser, Animation
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth is looking for a Product Merchandiser who can bring their energy, creativity and experience to a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Product Merchandiser will be an organized, analytical, detail oriented and data driven individual to join our growing eCommerce team!
The ideal candidate will have a background in eCommerce with a focus on product development, vendor sourcing and some knowledge of overseas purchasing. She/he will have excellent communication skills, and thrive in executing our product strategy working with vendors, manufacturers and other partners as well as our design team and others throughout the company. Responsibilities include the purchasing of goods within your product line, building and managing supplier relationships, and developing unique products that meet the wants and desires of our community.
- Will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix of both apparel and accessories based on emerging market trends, along with meeting the assortment strategies established by management
- Perform continuous competitor and market analysis by researching various mediums for emerging trends, in addition to price points and promotional campaigns from competitors
- Work with domestic and overseas vendors to develop products that embrace our shows and properties while maintaining our margins and inventory targets
- Negotiate product quality, purchase quantity, landed cost, and delivery with vendors
- Review weekly sales performance to identify potential re-order opportunities and recommend styles that require markdowns
- Manages approval of website updates, marketing calendar, product launches and all other changes
- Assists in identifying new paths for growth in merchandising through new services, channels, and enhancements that provide Rooster Teeth with a competitive advantage
- Assists in the implementation of online feature / function enhancements that improve incremental sales, profitability and user experience
- Conduct weekly analysis on the business to ensure understanding of current performance; achieves company financial objectives in regard to online sales and productivity
- 4+ years of online merchandising and e-commerce buying experience in apparel and accessories categories
- BS, BA, BFA, or related degree, or equivalent related professional experience
- Must possess the ability to understand and act upon financial retail indicators, such as sales, gross margin, inventory productivity, sell-through, traffic, conversion, and turn
- Fluency with common eCommerce platforms and reporting, including Shopify
- Strong understanding of digital marketing tools, including managing PPC, Affiliate, SEO, SEM, social media, and email marketing campaigns
- Assortment strategy, planning, and execution experience
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible in a fast paced and changing environment
- Innovative thinker who is on the forefront of cutting edge thinking
- Graphic apparel experience, e.g. t-shirts
- Passionate about all things pop-culture
Benefits + Perks:
- Use what you need time-off
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com.
Rooster Teeth is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.