3D Animator - Rooster Teeth
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a skilled 3D Animator to become a part of our ever growing team. The position involves animating primarily for a variety of made-for-web content, utilizing key frame animation as well as motion capture cleanup. Candidates should be prepared to remotely perform a timed animation test to demonstrate their abilities
- Utilizing Maya to produce animated content under direction.
- Work with the Director and Animation Leads to achieve the right look and feel of our shows, responding to critiques and reviews effectively
- Follow established protocols in file management structure, project organization, and version control.
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques, as well as production tracking software, to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Participate in Motion Capture shoots as a performer.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- 2+ years working in a production environment
- In-depth proficiency with Autodesk Maya, or similar software typical to the industry
- Strong sense of visual storytelling (emphasis on character performance, fight choreography, shot composition, and timing)
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
- Work well within a team
- Resume and Demo Reel
- Past experience with motion capture cleanup is a plus, but is not required
Perks and Benefits
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 25 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 3 million unique monthly visitors to itsRoosterTeeth.com hub and 1.8 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.