Senior Marketing Manager
Austin, TX /
Shared Services – Marketing & Communications /
A Marketing Manager at Rooster Teeth is a conductor within the business that helps drive campaigns and business initiatives forwards while also keeping things on the tracks. The Marketing Manager is a central touchpoint within the marketing team to help develop key strategies, build cohesive marketing plans, and serves as a main point of contact for other departments like design, creative development, and production. This role helps ensure we are developing the right messaging and the right creative materials to serve new and existing audiences. This role will create campaigns for Rooster Teeth’s shows and live events with some cross-pollination with consumer products. The Senior Marketing Manager will also be a key voice on the marketing team to help improve communications and process to work smarter and not harder.
- Develop the strategy for show launches, which includes positioning, hooks, key audiences.
- Build marketing plans with the rest of the marketing team. This role helps build cohesion of plans and ideas within the campaign. These plans should help drive viewership, revenue, and recruit new audiences to the Rooster Teeth brand.
- Work with showrunners and creative producers to execute on their creative vision when bringing campaigns to life.
- Guide the creative service department in the development of creative assets.
- Coordinate with multiple teams and your marketing colleagues to ensure accurate trafficking of key information and assets.
- Regularly audit our customers and audiences to ensure we are developing the right programming, products, and events to meet their interests.
- Work closely with the project management team to build key business processes.
- Identify key priorities within the programming slate that will help us reach business objectives and streamline the work process to hit our goals.
- Manage team members to help with career development.
- 8+ years working experience in marketing or advertising.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including social media, traditional and digital marketing, and market research methods).
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication and writing skills to help write briefs and marketing plans
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Well-versed in collaboration, but is comfortable taking the lead to make key decisions.
- Familiar with creative production as part of the working environment.
Who We Are
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company in Austin, TX. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth podcast network, and a daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and an animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.