Director of Programming - RT West
Los Angeles, CA
Entertainment – RT West
Rooster Teeth’s Director of Programming (RT West) will be responsible for programming strategy for Rooster Teeth’s West Coast production unit including content from Funhaus, Inside Gaming, podcasts and more to help guide the growth of its shows and social video channels. The Director should have experience with digital media, YouTube analytics and programming strategy. General knowledge of comedy development, media production, and the video game industry is strongly preferred.
- Manage YouTube programming strategy for Rooster Teeth West productions.
- Analyze data and user feedback to help craft programming strategy for multiple productions with the creative teams.
- Stay in sync with engineering team on new updates to YouTube, the Rooster Teeth site, and social video channels.
- Organize the channel pages and other metadata on multiple YouTube channels.
- Almost all work will happen during work hours, but some work will be required on nights and weekends.
- 5+ years experience programming a YouTube and/or social video channel (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, TV/Film Production or Communications preferred or equivalent work experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and administrative skills
- Production and creative development experience is a plus.
- YouTube Certified a plus--if not, will become YouTube Certified at start.
- Strong team building, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to establish priorities and work under time constraints
- Willingness to work on a collaborative team in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Docs/Sheets
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.