Lead FX Artist (Remote options)
Austin, TX /
Entertainment – Animation - Contract /
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a Lead FX Artist to support the growth of our animation department! The ideal candidate has experience collaboratively guiding artists through the development of FX assets based on storyboards and instructions from the show director. A strong candidate will have a proven track record of creative leadership, interpersonal skills, and production experience to help the company fulfill its objectives.
- Provide guidance to artists in creation of FX based on storyboards and instructions from director
- Work with art and show director to develop FX that fit project’s stylistic guidelines
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Support the development of tools that optimize FX production processes
- Look ahead to forecast potential technical, production or schedule issues and recommend solutions.
- Motivate the FX team and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic growth
- Innovate on current pipeline procedures as new techniques and software become available as well as to enhance currently existing workflows in conjunction with show/department production staff.
- Follow proper document management requirements, according to the production’s guidelines.
- Collaborate with leadership to properly document production disciplines for our pipeline.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- 4+ years working in a production environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Expert understanding of Houdini for creating FX assets, includes particle systems and fluid simulation
- Demonstrated expertise in FX principles including composition, physical motion, weight balance, texture, form, and appeal
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions
- Strong proficiency in technical problem solving
- Compositing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Shotgun or other shot management software is a plus