Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth Productions is looking for a creative and technically-minded Podcast Producer in Broadcast. This person would work with multiple showrunners, hosts and fellow producers in brainstorming, organizing and executing ideas that will elevate shows season by season. As well as serve as a liaison between creative and the technical teams. The Podcast Producer would also help oversee marketing/social media strategies for individual podcasts. Other job duties would include but not limited to guest outreach, metadata creation, developing talent and creating new podcast IPs.
- Work with both audio and video podcasts.
- Identify guests for podcasts.
- Aid in the development of new podcasts.
- Work with showrunners to develop new segments and live event opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of successful ad reads in each podcast.
- Write metadata, site journals, and social media posts that align with each episode.
- Enhance episode descriptions and thumbnails for SEO.
- Assist in analyzing the effectiveness of content marketing efforts via SEO tools, Google Analytics, Social Media Analysis, etc.
- Experience: At least 3 years producing video and audio podcasts, either live or record-to-tape, distributed on multiple platforms including but not limited to iTunes and YouTube.
- Creative Software Skills: You are capable of creating and manipulating content/designs with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other media platforms.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal): You are a great and clear communicator, even in hectic situations and are very detailed-oriented.
- Organized: You have strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments across multiple productions.
- Production Tech Experience: You are familiar with a live control room and the equipment involved in creating a video and audio podcast.
- Great Sense of Humor: You are familiar with Rooster Teeth content, the tone of comedy and visuals produced in our studios.
- Interest in Geek Culture: Not a deal breaker, but an appreciation for anything in gaming, animation, or comedy is helpful.
The Podcast Producer must be alert, fast paced and able to work productively under high pressure situations, such as last minute changes to a live show. In addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability, and flexibility to work days, nights, and some weekends, as needed, sometimes with short notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to travel to support off-site productions, such as RTX, or in our west coast studio.
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Opportunity for career growth
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to itsRoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more atRoosterTeeth.com.