2D Character Concept Artist - (Contract)
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a talented and passionate 2D Character Artist to join the team for the studio’s newly announced project; Gen:Lock.
Gen:Lock is a CG-mecha anime that tells the story of humanity on the losing side of a global culture war. An Experimental Science Unit is pushed to identify a team of young pilots who can control a variety of prototype, next-generation mecha—giant, robotic, weaponized bodies. The recruits will find, however, that their newfound abilities come at no small cost.
We're looking to fill positions for this project ASAP.
- Work with Art Director, Character Modeling team and Rigging team in technical/aesthetic problem solving efforts.
- Sketch, ideate, and iterate new content concepts in collaboration with fellow creatives.
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide.
- Professional level Photoshop experience.
- Ability to integrate 3D software into the visual design process
- Excellent Illustration skills, understanding of lighting, form and composition, strong sense of color and material rendering.
- Ability to translate verbal or visual direction into memorable concepts.
- Able to take feedback/criticism and properly reflect comments in work.
- Must have good time management skills.
- A passion to take a project from concept to completion, including reworks and revisions.
- Solid visual design sense with ability to draw and communicate visually (Must be able to illustrate ideas)
- Possess excellent artistic communication skills and an excellent eye for detail.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of visual effects pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team.
- Have a good understanding of form and function with an eye for character design.
- Have a strong foundation in anatomy, form, gesture, rhythm, color and balance.
- Experience creating concept artwork in different styles for various genres.
- Mechanical / Hard-surface concept experience a plus.
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.